Saturday, August 7, 2010

UPDATE

My ATM card is working now. That is the good news.

The bad news is that, for some reason, they placed me in one of the highest-level Hebrew classes here. Therefore, I frequently have no clue what is going on. Thankfully, one of my roommates has very good Hebrew, so I'll be able to get help from him. Also, there are several Japanese folks taking classes here, so I get to practice my Japanese as well.

I've also discovered that pretty much everything here on campus is closed on Fridays. Not just Friday night: the ATM and all of the cafeterias were all closed by 12:30 this afternoon. The buses stop running around 4:00 or 5:00. Therefore, I ended up needing to take a taxi to get back to campus after heading to the beach with one of my roommates this afternoon.

So far, I'm surviving my classes, although I spent over 7 hours working on homework yesterday after class. We'll see how this goes, I guess.

No comments: