Sunday, June 1, 2008

久しぶり!(it's been a while!)

Hey, just realized that it's been over a month since I last posted, and I just got back from Okinawa, so now seemed like as good a time as any to finally make another post.
The last month has been really busy. Golden Week was a nice break from the daily grind of classes, though I didn't really do all that much. It would've been nice if the break came a bit later in the semester, when I really needed it, but oh well. Several of the classes are still kind of a drag, particularly the one on Japan's international trade relations, but there's not much that can be done about that at this point. Working on coming up with plans to get together with Rennis and Brett in Akita for a weekend of iai, not sure if I'll be able to swing it or not though.
Okinawa was great. I wish we'd been able to spend more than just 4 days there. One unfortunate thing was that IES didn't really give us much free time during the day, so although the hotel we stayed at had a private beach, we didn't get to spend much time there. I also wasn't able to visit any Okinawan karate dojo, so I guess that means I have to go back sometime!
It's also just really starting to hit me that the semester ends in another 6 weeks or so. I've really enjoyed my time here in Japan. Obviously there were bad times, but the good times definitely outweighed the bad. It's still very sad, though. After the next 6 weeks, I probably won't see most of the friends I've made again. Even those who are going back to America at the same time I am are going to various different places, so it'll be difficult to meet up again. Even if we did manage to, it wouldn't be the same anymore. Like everything, all we have in the end are the memories we keep with us. Nothing else can ever stay with us forever.

No comments: