Sunday, October 28, 2007

Current stuff...

I survived the architecture midterm. I probably didn't do very well, but maybe I did well enough that I'll still be able to pass the class. I took my history midterm on Thursday, and it was fairly easy. I have another Japanese test tomorrow which I should study for, but I probably won't.
On Friday night (technically Saturday morning, I guess -_-; ) I was up until like 3 AM finishing reading The Lies of Locke Lamora... it was a damned good book, but I wish I hadn't felt the need to stay up all night finishing it.
Then, I spent a couple hours walking around with one of my roommates looking for stuff for some type of Halloween costume. Came away with a ridiculous tie and a bandana, which was more expensive than it should've been. Also, got thoroughly soaked, as this was all during a typhoon and I didn't have an umbrella.
Today, I went to the Urayasu city budokan, where I observed the Urayasu city Iai-do club's class. It was nice; thirty people all there to train in iai. Also, the people there were all significantly more friendly and welcoming than anyone from the Tokyo JCC was. I'll probably be joining up with them, though I doubt I'll go with a suggestion that one of the yodans made (which was that I should try to test for my Japanese shodan in Iai-do in April).
I also got assured by the top administrator in charge of this program that a certain confrontational individual will no longer be an issue, as he was given a stern talking-to. Wow, I sure do love bureaucracies. Oh yeah, I had to bus over to Kaihin Makuhari to be told this, which was about an hour round-trip and cost me 420 yen (though I'm supposed to be reimbursed for the money).
Additionally, my PSP now runs PS1 games, as well as PSP games. I am very impressed with the technology of the PSP; I can even check my email on it!
Also, I will be going on a trip to Nagano (where I won't have internet access) for 4 days starting on Wednesday morning, so I'll be incommunicado until sometime this weekend.
I hope everyone back home is doing well, and I'll see you all in a couple of months.

No comments: