Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Still up and kickin

Well, it's been a while. My apologies to my one regular reader (if you do in fact exist). It's been a fun, annoying, tiring couple of weeks. Fun in that I've been spending alot of time with some good friends. Annoying in that there seems to be a constant stream of boring but time-consuming assignments and readings coming my way due to classes. Tiring due to the combination of the two. Looks like at some point, I'll be spending a full weekend in Akita with Rennis doing lots of iai. That'll be cool, though it'll cost me about $120 in transportation. Also, "Golden Week" is rapidly approaching. That means a couple of weeks without classes, which will be nice, but unfortunately I didn't plan ahead, so I don't think I'll be able to do much traveling.
I'm finding that I don't enjoy Pesach any more in Japan than I do in the States. In fact, I enjoy it significantly less. All I seem to be able to eat are stir-fried veggies and cheese omelettes. It's getting old fast. On the plus side, my roommate from last semester (who is a ridiculously good cook) came over last night and made some tasty eggplant and cheese stuff... made sure not to use any grain products so I could eat it. Unfortunately, there were like 8 people and therefore none of us got as much of the delicious dinner as we would've liked.
Still dealing with a complicated situation; hopefully I'll be able to resolve it soon, because it's driving me nuts. It seems like every time I'm about to resolve it, though, something else comes up. Oh well, such is life, I suppose.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey, im state side and this pesach thats all i seem to be eating too... :/ i think im having digestive issues.

Aaron Tzvi I.